Who we are
Site Foreman and Director – Jason Pullar
Jason has been in the building industry for 19 years and has served his time as a trades-person. After completing his apprenticeship he worked at Placemakers in the precut/prenail truss plant.
Jason returned to Pullar Builders in April 1999 to commence work on the Ohope Community Complex project ($1.0m). He has completed alterations and extensions to the Masonic Lodge, the Crematorium for the Whakatane District Council and the Opotiki RSA. Jason is married with two daughters and lives in Whakatane. He is a keen sportsman.
Jason has been involved with building numerous new homes in the district and below is a list of some of the projects he has overseen or been involved with:
- 2009/10 – Opotiki RSA (Site Foreman)
- 2009 – Whakatane Crematorium (Site Foreman)
- 2009 – Masonic Lodge 1st Floor (Site Foreman)
- 2008 – Masonic Lodge Ground Floor (Site Foreman)
- 2008 – Public Trust – (Site Foreman)
- 2007 – Energy Options (Site Foreman)
- 2007 – Liquor King (Site Foreman)
- 2007 – McCracken Home (Site Foreman)
- 2006 – REAP House (Site Foreman)
- 2005 – Cassin Family Trust Workshops (Site Foreman)
- 2004 – E.B.O.P. Toroa Street Development (Site Foreman)
- 2004 – Whakatane Department of Corrections (Site Foreman)
- 2003 – E.B.O.P. Commercial Hotel (Site Foreman)
- 2002 – Apanui School Administration Block (Site Foreman)
- 2001 – Pacific Health
- 2001 – E.B.O.P. 2nd Floor Alterations
- 2000 – Pacific Health
- 1999 – Ohope Community Complex
- 1998 – Cinema 5 upgrade
- 1996 – Cinema 3 upgrade
- In 2008 Jason and Tracy Pullar purchased the business from John & Mary Pullar.
- John & Mary continue to work in the business, with Jason & Tracy.
- John Pullar – Licensed Building Practitioner – # BP101884 (Carpentry and Site 2)
- Jason Pullar – Licensed Building Practitioner – # BP 106243 (Carpentry & Site 2)
John Pullar started swinging a hammer when he left Whakatane High School at 17, being apprenticed to local builders Lysaght Construction. There have been a lot of splinters in the thumb since then but his love for building remains.
He gained Foreman status by age 21 then decided to form his own building business in 1981. He is renowned for building the Neiderer Plaza, Whakatane District Council, Department of Social Welfare and Environment BOP buildings that are testament to his knowledge and expertise.
He finds renovation work satisfying and many a home in this area has had a make-over. If you like the neighbours and the area then it’s the ideal solution. Why move when you can improve.
After 30 years running Pullar Builders, his son has taken over the Directors chair. Jason has 20 years experience in the industry and intends to continue building on the same solid foundation of values and ideals which has made Pullar Builders so successful for 30 years. From Building Consent to finished project – our aim is to take the hassle out of building for you.
Whakatane is a great place to live and over the years we have supported our community generously. We have been involved in projects such as Project Hope Cancer Clinic, Hospice, Soccer, Girl Guides, Fight for Life Ed and more.
What we do
Pullar Builders take the worry out of building by providing a fixed contract price, a pre-agreed construction time and full comprehensive specifications schedule so there are no hidden extras or surprises. For your added peace of mind, we carry comprehensive insurances – we leave nothing to chance. At Pullar Builders we never put our reputation, or your home at risk by using sub-standard materials or building practices. Pullar Builders are Master Builders and give you the utmost in peace of mind throughout the building process and are backed by independent Completion Guarantee Insurance and product warranties. We have excellent relationships with some of New Zealand’s most respected building materials suppliers and use local Subcontrators at every opportunity.
- Domestic & Commercial
- New Homes
- Additions & Alterations
- Fences & Decks
- Bathrooms & Kitchens
- Whakatane Builders & Building Contractors
- Commercial Builders & Developers
Registered Master Builder Awards:
- Crematorium – Local Category Winner and Bronze Award (2010)
- Neilson Home – Peoples Choice Award and Silver Award and Gib Living Award (2010)
- Project Hope – Category Winner (2008)
- Boreham Home – Bronze Award (Residential) (2007)
- McCracken Home – Bronze Award (Residential) (2007)
- Whakatane Department of Corrections – 1st Place (Commercial) (2004)
- Ohope Community Complex – 1st Place (Commercial) (1999)
- Whakatane Hospital Campus – 1st Place (Commercial)
As a member of the Registered Master Builders Federation, Pullar Builders 2008 Ltd is committed to acting with forethought and accountability to develop positive relationships with communities in which we operate. Our services will be comprehensive and delivered to our clients in a professional and efficient manner.
Pullar Builders 2008 Ltd undertakes to:
- Provide a safe working environment, complying with all Occupational Health & Safety Standards.
- Comply with Building Industry Standard.
- Exceed in providing a professional service to clients.
- Maintaining good relationships and supporting the community.
- Committed to meeting environmental and community standards.
- Quality Assurance System
- Emergency Procedures
- Health & Safety Manuals
- Site Safe – Membership Certificate
- Pullar Builders Ltd are also members of the Heads of Agreement of Site Safe NZ
- ACC Claims History
- Public Liability and Vehicle Insurance